Family law matters require you to make very difficult decisions that directly involve the people you love and the things you hold most dear. This can be extremely stressful, overwhelming and frightening, especially when you are not familiar with the law or the process in California.
The Law Office of Edward S. Matisoff is a practice in Westlake Village you can rely on for effective and knowledgeable guidance. My family law practice has a dual focus, providing both peacemaker and advocacy services.
When you and your spouse want to capitalize on the personal and economic advantages of divorce mediation, I can facilitate the conversation as your neutral third-party adviser. With more than 30 years of litigation experience, I am able to act as your individual representative and pursue your goals through negotiation and litigation when that is the necessary or better option.
Integrity. Honesty. Personal Attention.
My role as your neutral adviser or individual attorney is to recognize and manage the pertinent legal details in your divorce or family law matter. I accomplish this goal by:
- Acting with integrity whether dealing with you or other lawyers
- Providing honest advice about the benefits and consequences of decisions
- Being the voice of reason when emotions and frustrations escalate
- Listening actively to your concerns
- Developing effective strategies tailored to your needs